• You cannot reply to this topic

Macbook Pro Gaming Setup Help Gaming next gen console Mac

#1 Guest_jaybay_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:44 AM

Hello Macworld forum users,

I have a MacBook Pro mid 2012 i5 2.5GHz 16GB ram

I'm currently running some games on steam like 'The long dark' and 'Firewatch'
They are not too demanding on the mac which is good. I want to set it up as next gen console.

I have paired a ps4 controller to it and now I want to connect to TV via mini adaptor to HDMI and close the lid while im playing. I think this will run ok, not sure about it running while lid is closed?. But my primary concern is sound.

I have a Bose soundtouch 20 connected to wifi and I want to throw this into the gaming mix somehow as my output.
Any tips on how to do so?
Aux?
Airplay?

I don't want any lag with this setup if at all possible.
Any help will be greatly appreciated
cheers

#2 Guest_jaybay_*

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:55 PM

Wow the help offered is overwhelming. Please just stop with all the goddamn replies. Let a man think ffs

#3 User is offline   JamieD 

• (geekus cynicus extremis)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:tech, home audio, music, films, books, toys, lego

Posted 20 August 2016 - 06:44 AM

Sorry jaybay but these forums are more or less dead, I'd suggest heading over the www.appletalk.com.au and using the forums there as they are quite active.

But to answer your questions I don't see any real issues using the MacBook while closed as long as the CPU usage is not high, you'll know if it is getting overworked as the CPU fan will get very noisy.

Using an Aux feed to the Bose unit would probably be best, if it is a surround sound unit and has an optical input then you can probably feed this from the 3.5mm headphone jack using an adapter like this one

#4 Guest_jaybay_*

Posted 21 August 2016 - 09:47 AM

View PostJamieD, on 20 August 2016 - 06:44 AM, said:

Sorry jaybay but these forums are more or less dead, I'd suggest heading over the www.appletalk.com.au and using the forums there as they are quite active.

But to answer your questions I don't see any real issues using the MacBook while closed as long as the CPU usage is not high, you'll know if it is getting overworked as the CPU fan will get very noisy.

Using an Aux feed to the Bose unit would probably be best, if it is a surround sound unit and has an optical input then you can probably feed this from the 3.5mm headphone jack using an adapter like this one

thanks buddy, no worries.
j

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users