Paragon Hard Disk Manager for Mac
Paragon Software Group has announced an update to Paragon Hard Disk Manager for Mac. This tool is used to protect, maintain, and manage your macOS system, now with full support for the latest macOS Sierra.
All current users of the product receive a free update to this unique software tool, which covers every aspect of a Mac’s computer life cycle, from drive partitioning and regular backup to system migration, flexible disaster recovery options, and secure wiping of recycled storage.
- Full support for macOS Sierra
- Sector-level Snapshot backup delivers superior backup and recovery speed, plus improved overall performance. Paragon’s Snapshot performs live imaging of the entire Mac, including OS, applications, and files, all without a system restart.
- Incremental imaging is the most efficient backup method for keeping data up-to-date by excluding data duplicates and minimising the backup storage footprint for several timestamps of the same data.
- Free space redistribution on adjacent partitions without restarting Mac.
- Apple Core Storage: back up and restore any type of Core Storage configurations including FileVault 2 (Full Disk Encryption) and Fusion Drive.
- Apple System Integrity Protection: accomplish operations otherwise prohibited by SIP from bootable recovery media or by turning off SIP to perform operations directly in macOS.
- Boot Media Builder: create a bootable USB thumb drive or external drive to restore macOS system volumes or accomplish drive partitioning in macOS Sierra 10.12.
- Disk cloning: Transfer not only macOS but Boot Camp Windows volumes as well, resizing partitions while copying proportionally to the size of the target disk or any way you need it.
- Wide restore options include restore of macOS, Boot Camp Windows, any set of data partitions, or of the entire Mac to the original or a new location; fast restore of individual files by mounting backup images in read-only mode; restore with various resize options.
- Virtualisation ready: back up your Mac into a VMDK container and launch the system in VMware Fusion environment or vice versa.
- Data wiping: irreversibly destroy information on a volume, permanently removing remnants of deleted files and directories on the disk.
- Data containers support: HDM for Mac supports VMDK and pVHD (Paragon Virtual Hard Drive), a special VHD image optimised for backups of virtual and physical machines. pVHD removes the limitations of standard virtual drive formats, such as a poor compression ratio, integrity control, and encryption capabilities. As a result, it creates backups that are up to four times smaller than original backup objects!
- Fix Windows boot issues: if a Windows OS volume refuses to boot after replacing a failed hardware device, boot virus activity, or other issue, our boot repair tools can be used before taking more radical action.
- Partition schemes support: HDM for Mac not only supports GUID Partition Table (GPT), Master Boot Record (MBR), and hybrid (GPT+MBR) partition schemes, but also allows easy non-destructive conversion between partition types.
- Rich file system support: Create, format, resize or change properties of HFS+, NTFS, ExtFS, FAT, and exFAT partitions.